4 Ways to Beat Stress
- Recognize When You’re Stressed
- Take Care of Your Physical Health
- Fight Sleep Deprivation
- Try Meditation and Yoga
Got 5 Minutes?
Try these quick stress-relievers next time you’re feeling under pressure:
- Take a few deep breaths, inhaling and exhaling from your diaphragm, to slow down your breathing. You can also close your eyes.
- Step outside—the change in environment and fresh air may soothe you.
- Hug a pet or family member—touch can help relieve stress. And if you can’t reach out to a friend or family member in person, try communicating through a video service.
- Listen to music to try to distract yourself and change your mood.
Practicing these techniques regularly—and any others you think of—can help you beat stress and live a happier and healthier life.
Sometimes, we need reminders to take care of ourselves—click the link for stress-reducing ideas you can try right away.